- A tubular structure carrying blood through the tissues and organs; a vein, artery, or capillary
- a vessel in which blood circulates
- (Blood vessels) Hollow tubes that carry blood from the heart and lungs to every cell in the body and back to the heart and lungs. These tubes are flexible and respond to circumstances and hormonal changes in the body by dilating, (becoming larger) or constricting (becoming smaller).
- The blood vessels are the part of the circulatory system that transport blood throughout the body. There are three major types of blood vessels: the arteries, which carry the blood away from the heart; the capillaries, which enable the actual exchange of water and chemicals between the blood and
- Cause (something) to burst, making such a sound
- (of a person’s ears) Make a small popping sound within the head as pressure is equalized, typically because of a change of altitude
- Make a sudden, sharp, explosive sound
- (pop) popular: (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- (pop) dad: an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
- (pop) start: bulge outward; “His eyes popped”
- The region of the face surrounding the eyes
- Each of a pair of globular organs in the head through which people and vertebrate animals see, the visible part typically appearing almond-shaped in animals with eyelids
- look at
- The corresponding visual or light-detecting organ of many invertebrate animals
- the organ of sight
- good discernment (either visually or as if visually); “she has an eye for fresh talent”; “he has an artist’s eye”
popped blood vessel in eye – Virtual Dissection
Virtual Dissection of Blood Vessels
The Virtual Dissection of Human Anatomy, Introductory Series provides a complete, dissectible human body that is a perfect supplement to High School level anatomy curriculum with a variety of simulations of anatomical systems. Each simulation is available for display via a desktop or laptop computer through an internet connection or via a one-time software download. The simulations can also be configured for display on interactive whiteboards, or through a connection to a traditional (2D) or stereographic (3D ready) projector. Demonstrate human anatomy, including terms, labels, and spatial relationships. Travel nerve paths or the digestive system, peel away layers of muscle and layers of organs, or hide external features to reveal underlying constructs. Students are able to interact directly with these systems to develop a working knowledge of human anatomy in support of either self-directed study or organized project activities. System Requirements: Windows: 7, XP, or Vista; Mac: OS X; Standard graphics cards, Pentium III processor (or equivalent), and 1GB of RAM. The Blood Vessel model provides a cross section of an artery, with detailed views of platelets, red blood cells, and seven separate dissectible white blood cells. Found in Biology
There’s a long standing joke between Mark & I about going climbing. You see, I’ve never gone climbing with Mark. But for a time, especially when we were neighbors, he would ask me fairly regularly. Although he always seemed to ask me the day before, or even the morning of; and quite honestly, I need a little more preparation time. So I would always pass.
It then got to a point where I think he asked me, full knowing I wouldn’t go.
Anyhow, last night Mark put together a climbing evening at the REI wall. Honestly, we have the nicest group of people here in Pittsburgh, so how could I say no to that? So I said I was in.
And then Jul mentioned that her firm’s holiday party was last night. But she understood this long running “joke” with Mark, so she said I could go ahead.
So last night arrives, I get home after work, and I just don’t feel like going. And if I don’t go climbing, shouldn’t I go to Jul’s party? So I called her, and she tells me that’s she’s glad I’m having second thoughts, because she didn’t realize how many people from her work were bringing spouses and significant others, and she was going to feel left out. So I go to party instead.
Okay, what’s with the eye, you’re asking now? Well, it’s purely speculation, but I think I got three things from work yesterday. A Giant Eagle gift certificate, a Circuit City gift certificate, and food poisoning. By the time I got home last night, I was worshipping the porcelain god several times; and Jul will tell you I don’t hold back. I want it out. So what you’re looking at here are all the blood vessels I burst. Nice, eh?
So basically, I feel kind of crappy today, but a little better… and if you missed me last night, that’s what happened.
I think this guy popped a blood vessel in his eye when he saw me, didn’t mean to scare ya!
popped blood vessel in eye
The portability and high-resolution imaging and video recording make clinical diagnosis simple and practical. It educates the client in understanding the process resulting in increased compliance. This one of a kind video otoscope has multi-use capabilities in one device. Designed with precision and cutting edge technology. The BioCam is portable and can be plugged into any Microsoft or Mac computer with a USB2.0 port. The gadget uses no batteries, and no external power source is needed. It is powered through the USB port. 6 LED bulbs allow 10,000 working hours, and also provide a high resolution image and video capture. The Bio-Cam 2.0 has a quad VGA of 1280H x 960V, and 15fps creates sharp and accurate imaging for easy diagnosis. The BioCam 2.0 also records real-time video through live capture. With its live capture, easy one-touch record and focus functions, the BioCam 2.0 allows before and after imaging. It is capable of being used for multiple diagnosis as in skin lesions, dental tartar, ear infections and more. Interchangeable disposable speculums offer medical professionals more flexibility for diagnosing.The portability and high-resolution imaging and video recording make clinical diagnosis simple and practical. It educates the client in understanding the process resulting in increased compliance. This one of a kind video otoscope has multi-use capabilities in one device. Designed with precision and cutting edge technology. Please allow up to two weeks during ordering.